April is National Donate Life Month
How will you get involved in spreading the Donate Life message?
Here are a few ideas:
1. "April is Donate Life Month" promotional materials: Donate Life America has created special artwork for this year's National Donate Life Month that features a colorful kite, a symbol of springtime, hope and celebration. Visit http://donatelife.net/ndlm/ to download statistics and FAQs about donation and transplantation, as well as Facebook cover photos, profile picture images, web banners, print ads (print them out and use as posters), and a power point image. To purchase Donate Life apparel and branded items, go to www.donationmerchandise.com. Use these things in your community to inspire people to sign up on the state donor registry. In Nebraska, go to www.donatelifenebraska.com; in other states, go to www.donatelife.net and click on your state.
2. Advertising/Media: Watch for a multi-media advertising push this month on TV, billboards, bus benches, radio, and newspaper ads and articles throughout Nebraska.
3. National Blue & Green Day, Friday, April 15: Show your support—and creativity—by incorporating the Donate Life colors of blue and green into your clothing, décor, food and even your pets! Visit http://donatelife.net/blue-green-day/ to download the National Donate Life Blue & Green Day logo, Facebook cover, web banners and find out how you could win a $100 Amazon gift card through the Donate Life America Facebook photo contest!
4. Donate Life Nebraska 5K & Heroes' Walk, Saturday, April 16: Sprint it, walk it, run it...just don't miss it! This is the 5th year for this special run/walk to honor donors and celebrate the lives of recipients at Stinson Park in Aksarben Village. The beautiful park venue is great for serious runners, as well as teams, individuals and families with dogs and strollers. We'll have face painting, great music, special signage to recognize our heroes, awards and more. Discounted pricing for recipients, living donors and donor families. Funds raised at this event will be used to promote donor registration projects year round. To sign up as a runner or walker, click here.
6. Make a financial donation: Your financial gift in any amount will be put to good use by our volunteer-based organization to continue to provide important donor education throughout Nebraska, and inspire and motivate Nebraskans to sign up on the Nebraska donor registry. To make a donation through Paypal, or for the mailing address to send a check, click here: http://www.donatelifenebraska.com/get-involved/make-a-financial-contribution. Also, any time you make a purchase on Amazon, if you use this link, http://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-3550786, Amazon Smile will donate 5% of your purchase to Nebraska Organ & Tissue Donor Coalition (the legal name of Donate Life Nebraska). There's no additional cost to you, and all the same inventory is available as on the usual Amazon website.
You will probably think of additional ways to get involved and celebrate Donate Life Month! We'd love to hear your ideas. Be sure to "like" the Donate Life Nebraska Facebook page for the latest stories, events and information. Have a great Donate Life Month!